Saturday, January 1, 2011

Comments Enabled! and Update!

So I wondered what was going on with my site, not a single comment! Little did I know I had them disabled. I changed this and you can now leave a question or comment if you wish :)

Update: I will post new pics soon. I am happy with my result although still have stiffness in my joints. My doctor wants me to get steroid shots where the scar tissue has developed, so far I got just one. It's just really hard to let anything painful near my feet! It's not the shot I worry about it's the wiggling around she does, it hurts and it gives me the creeps. My toes look 1,000 times better and I refuse to wear heels other than on special occasions in order to keep them bump free. The only complaint I have, and it is a small one, is my right foot 3rd toe is bending/leaning to the right at the tip. It's the only one that does :/ I really wish it wouldn't do that. This 3rd toe is also a smidgen longer than the 3rd toe on the opposite foot. Everyone says they don't notice but I wonder if they're just being nice. Oh, I also am a smaller shoe size. A half size smaller, how amazing is that? I guess I always had a certain size foot but with the long toe it made me wear a half size larger!! OK, I'll post pics in a few days :) Bye!

12 comments:

  1. Get the steriod shots! I had quite a few of them and they made my toes feel soooo much better!! I took my blog off because people were stealing my pictures :(
    Good luck!
    If I could do it again and get even shorter toes, I would do it all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I came across your blog! I wanted the procedure done aw well. Is it okay if I contact you to ask questions via email??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous - Thank you for the suggestion, the shots have really helped with stiffness, and they really don't hurt! I just don't like the needles coming at my toes :(

    ecargo325 - I get an instant email as soon as comments are left and I respond here pretty quickly. But I will send you my personal email address shortly and am happy to answer any questions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous - Please tell me about your experience on the shots if you read this, I really want to know how big of a difference it made, if you felt your toes became "boney" and if the shots were a long term solution or did the stiffness come back once you stopped. I'd love to hear from you!
    Tootie

    ReplyDelete
  5. what shoe size did you wear before.?
    and i want to get my corns removed, and toe shortening.b.c i want my shoe size to be smaller.! and why did recovery take so long.? im worrie about that.and how much.?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Before I wore an 8.5 now I wear an 8.

    Because having hammer toes caused pain, insurance paid so not sure the cost.

    I can only guess on why recovery took so long, but my doctor said it is a controlled car crash, you are essentially cutting bones and filing them. Imagine crushing your foot in a car crash, that is what she compared it to, only it is in a controlled setting. The opening that is cut has to heal, the bone I guess has to heal too. The opening where they cut was painful for me. Also, standing makes blood rush to your toes so that's what keeps it swollen for so long and can make healing take longer I'm guessing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Tootie,

    I just got hammer toe and corn removal 16 days ago. So far Im healing well. However, I would like to know what was the outcome of your shots for scar tissue? Did you end up getting them on your left foot as well?

    ReplyDelete
  8. No, I didn't like the result of the shots at all. I regret getting them. I feel as though they messed with the look I had directly after surgery. My skin in that area is very thin and appears boney. I personally would NOT recommend them to a friend based on my personal experience.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did it hurt to wear shoes after the surgery? Were you able to wear heels at all?

    ReplyDelete
  10. great blog! it's kind of a relieve to hear that I'm not the only person on the planet who suffers from weird toes ;-)
    I went though with surgery a few days ago and had my second toe shortened on one foot as it was freakishly longer than the rest...
    to be honest I am very disappointed as it is still long; the doc said it will shorten when it heals, the bones grow together and the swelling goes down - anyone with similar experience??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Likely, like me, you are looking at swelling. It doesn't seem so now, but in a few weeks it'll be like a miracle occurred. I thought I'd made a mistake after seeing my result. One day you'll wake up and be shocked at how short they seemingly got overnight. Happened to me!

      Delete
  11. hai miss wanted to ask if its possible ,i wnat smaller feet just becuz my big feet fit in no trendy shoe. i dont have a hamertoe but just large feet that i hate. i love shoes pl help mi out

    ReplyDelete