Friday, January 22, 2010

Narcotic Numbness

Day 7
Today is exactly one week and a day from my intial surgery. I'm happy to report my reliance on Hydrocodone aka Vicodin is null and void. As of yesterday I stopped taking them. They were incredibly numbing, which is great for the feet, but terrible when you're ready for bed and can't feel your arms or your tongue in your mouth! Discomfort does come when 1st waking up and I'm sure it's from swelling as I sleep. But on a scale of 1 - 10, it's probably a 3 and it's manageable. Well, that and just being a big baby.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure if you still check this blog, but I have a question that I want to ask. I'm scheduled to have surgery next week Thursday. I will be having Hammer toe surgery on both my feet and 4 toes (my second toe, which is longer than my big toe and my pinky toe). I was wondering how long it took for you to be able to wear heels and before your feet looked/felt normal. I'm excited and nervous. I'm sick of digging my toes into the sand, I want to wear sandels and feel confident. Please respond :). Niecey

    ReplyDelete