Saturday, January 23, 2010

Buried Alive!

Day 9

As of yesterday, I stopped having footsie related panic attacks. I'd been feeling really restless, helpless, bored, frustrated with these shoe contraptions.... But I'm ok now :)

Last night I felt swallowed whole by the various bed pillows I use to elevate my legs. I pushed myself up with my heel to get out of this bedding burial and when I did, one of my toes sort of flexed. Yikes! I haven't used these foot muscles in days and it felt odd and sore. You never realize how much your toes move until you shouldn't move them. I felt soreness, it gives me the creeps, but I'm a big baby. I have no pain at all and I'm not on pain killers or over the counter pain remedies.

As of I think yesterday, I stopped sleeping only on my back. I can lay on my side but I keep my legs elevated. I try not to let my legs cross cause something tells me I'll stop the blood flow and get my feet to swell (yes, I think THIS detailed!).

Today I watched Titanic and my honey bun was nice enough to buy me a coconut shake and ferrero rocher chocolates to pass the time, mmmmmm. My feet will look smaller, my figure... not so much. For the record, I asked for bananas but he bought platanos. Bless his little heart. He said "these ARE bananas". Um.. they're solid green. They're so not bananas.

So now I'm just waiting for him to leave so I can watch my DVR'ed Twilight on Showtime in peace :)

1 comment:

  1. Great documentation of your surgery and recovery...Did they determine what actually caused your hammer toe

    ReplyDelete